Olivia Pratt-Korbel’s killer is still at large as police vow: ‘We will find you’

Olivia Pratt-Korbel’s killer is still at large as police have vowed: “We will find you.”

It comes as police have made a series of arrests relating to two other murders in Liverpool.

Nine-year-old Olivia was killed and her mum Cheryl Kerbel wounded by a masked gunman on Monday night.

A stranger – understood to be convicted burglar Joseph Nee – had forced his way into their home in Dovecot while pursued by a mystery gunman who then fired.

Nee, 35, had been walking near Olivia’s home in Kingsheath Avenue with another man at around 10pm when the gunman approached.

Speaking at a press briefing this morning, Detective Chief Superintendent Mark Kameen said the second man has now been identified.

While the force has refused to publicly name Nee, they confirmed a 35-year-old man was arrested on Wednesday for allegedly breaching the terms of release from prison.

He was shot multiple times himself during the incident and remains in hospital.

He was taken from the scene by friends in a black Audi as the gunman also fled.

Mr Kameen said: “Our officers continue to carry out extensive inquiries and I can confirm there are a number of lines of inquiry we are pursuing.”

He said the killer has so far failed to hand himself in.

“My message to him remains the same – we will not rest until we find you and we will find you,” he added.

The chief went on to say that a total of three people have now been arrested in relation to the death of Sam Rimmer, 22, in Dingle on August 16.

And a man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and a woman for assisting an offender after Ashley Dale, 28 was gunned down in her garden in Old Swan on Sunday.

Yesterday armed police and strike teams broke down front doors across the city as part of a series of raids.

One of the raids saw a 20-year-old man from Liverpool city centre arrested on suspicion of Mr Rimmer’s murder.

A 21-year-old man, from Dingle, and a 17-year-old boy from Liverpool city centre were also arrested on suspicion of the murder later in the day.

The action was carried out as part of Operation Miller, the force’s ongoing response to serious and organised crime.

He was arrested yesterday for allegedly breaching the terms of release from prison.

Nee was jailed for 45 months in 2018 after he and two other men led police on a high-speed chase.

He admitted two counts of burglary, two counts of theft of a motor vehicle, dangerous driving, driving without insurance and driving whilst disqualified.

In November 2009 he was jailed at Liverpool Crown Court for six-and-a-half years for being a “lower level player” in a multimillion-pound drugs importation ring.

Olivia’s death came exactly 15 years after 11-year-old Rhys Jones was shot dead on his way home from football practice in Croxteth, Liverpool.

Today police have targeted 14 addresses across Wirral with warrants to arrest 15 people.

The raids are part of Operation Ground which aims to combat organised crime.